OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ARE BASED ON CURRENT BEST PRACTICES AND CDC RECOMMENDATIONS.
Governor Inslee and his staff have constructed a new Roadmap to Recovery that allows fitness businesses to reopen for open gym and private training appointments beginning Monday, January 11.
Stay tuned to our Members Page for the latest updates on our reopening!
A detailed review of our full health, safety, protocols, and cleanliness standards is available below.
CLEANING AND SANITATION
- ZŪM staff will be cleaning the club during all open hours.
- ZŪM staff will deep clean each section of the club three times a day.
- We will close off each section for 15 minutes during each deep cleaning.
- Members are required to wipe down equipment with disinfectant wipes before and after each use.
- Personal Trainers will wipe down equipment with disinfectant wipes before and after client use.
- Antiviral disinfecting wipes for members and staff to clean equipment before and after each use.
- Deep cleaning three times a day using a backpack electrostatic sprayer.
Locations of Sanitizers
- No-touch disinfectant foam dispensers located in the lobby, upstairs and downstairs classrooms, and weight and cardio areas.
- Pump sanitizing dispensers located at the front desk, on top of water faucets and dispensers, at the “trainer bar”.
- No-touch liquid soap dispensers in the locker rooms.
- UV-C Sanitizers to disinfect your cell phones.
According to the Safe Start Washington Phased Reopening guidelines, at-risk populations are “strongly encouraged, but not required, to stay home unless engaging in Phase 1 or 2 permissible activities”.
Vulnerable at-risk populations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Age 65 and over.
- Chronic lung disease.
- Moderate to severe asthma.
- People who are immunocompromised.
Everybody will be asked the following questions prior to entry:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19? If so:
- Are you still within the required 14-day quarantine?
- Have you fully recovered?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had a loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been vomiting or had diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Have you traveled within the last two weeks?
- All staff, members, and vendors will be required to have their temperatures checked before entering.
- People with temperatures above 100.4 will not be permitted in the club.
Let Us Know if you test positive
- Members will be asked to notify Joe DeShaw, ZŪM’s General Manager at email@example.com or by phone at 206.443.3933 ext. 4 if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last club visit. We will e-mail any member who could have been in contact with an infected person. Staff members who could have been in contact with an infected person will be required to stay home for 14 days from the date of possible exposure.
LIMITED CLUB CAPACITY
- Reservations will be required for all members to use the ZŪM facilities to ensure physical distancing and efficient workouts.
- Members secure their reserved workout times through their Zen Planner account or app. A maximum of three reservations can be made in one seven day period. More reservations can be made within the seven day period if there is capacity availability.
- Members will have one hour from the start time of their reservation to enjoy their workout.
- Personal Training appointment appointments will be booked automatically. Late changes in appointment times are subject to capacity availability.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Face masks are required for all staff and members. Face masks protect others.
- Gloves are optional for members, but required for staff. We recommend gloves to protect the wearer from hand exposure.
TEMPORARILY NOT IN SERVICE
To encourage physical distancing, we are not offering the following amenities and services until we believe it’s safe to do so, based on CDC recommendations and best practices of health clubs.
- On Site Group Exercise Classes (Virtual Classes still offered through ZŪM-2-U.)
- Towel Service
- Retail Transactions
10 FOOT PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- The ZŪM facility has been reorganized to accommodate 10 feet of physical distancing in each area.
- Signage will be posted to easily navigate physical distancing throughout the club.
- Max Occupancy in each area of ZŪM will be:
- 2 in lobby and front desk area.
- 11 in the downstairs classroom and platform areas.
- 2 on the stairway, going one direction.
- 3 in the Mind Body Studio.
- 8 in the upstairs dumbbell and TechnoGym area.
- 4 in the barbell area.
- 2 in the “Techno Square” area (think leg press and 4-station cable machine).
- 16 in the cardio equipment bays.
- 12 in the upstairs classroom.
- 4 in the cycling studio.
- 2 on the track.
- 3 in the Pilates studio.
- 2 in each locker room (1 for toilets and 1 for sinks).
FRONT DESK ETIQUETTE
- Members will be asked to book a club visit in advance using the MINDBODY app or the MINDBODY website.
- Those who schedule a Personal Training or Pilates session will automatically have a visit booked for them.
- Only members with an “Open Gym” reservation or training session will be allowed in the facility.
- Members with reservations or sessions with a trainer will be allowed into the facility at their reserved time.
- Before you are allowed to enter the facility, a ZUM team member will do a quick health screening and temperature check. Please note that anyone with possible exposure to Covid-19, including travel within the previous 14 days, or a temperature higher than 100.4˚ fahrenheit will not be allowed access.
- As you arrive at ZUM, you will notice markers on the sidewalk identifying where to stand before being greeted and screened outside of the building.
- At the time of your reservation, a ZUM team member will call your name and allow you to enter the building.
- We will not have any front desk support. Only members with keytags will be allowed to enter and use our no-touch scanning system.
- There will be no food, drink or merchandise sales at the front desk.
- Please do not forget your water bottle. We will not have any water for sale on site, nor will any water fountains be functioning. Our no-touch water bottle filler will be the only source of drinking water.
- For the health and safety of our team, we will not be doing any laundry.
- There will be no towel service until further notice.
- Please bring your own sweat towel. As showers will not be functioning until further notice, full bath towels will not be necessary unless you prefer to use a large towel during your workout.
CARDIO AND STRENGTH FLOOR ETIQUETTE
- Equipment will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please observe all posted signage regarding occupancy limits.
- All members will be required to clean any equipment that they touch before and after each use. Lack of compliance could result in the termination of membership.